Education/WGSS Double Major Requirements: 10 Courses
Please note that one requirement differs for students admitted after Fall 2016 than for students admitted before Fall 2016.
Section I: Five Core Courses
- WGS 200 Introduction to Women’s, Gender, and Sexuality Studies
- WGS 325 Feminist Theories
- WGS 398 Field Study in Women’s Studies (students admitted before 2016) OR WGS 350 Gender Equity in the Classroom (students admitted after 2016
- WGS 495 Senior Seminar OR WGS 496 Women’s Leadership and Social Change
- WGS Global course. Choose one of the following:
- WGS 260/AAS 280 Africana Women in Historical Perspective
- WGS 360/LIT 334 Literature by Latinas and Latin American Women
- WGS 375 Transnational Feminisms
- WGS 376/LIT 316 Global Women Writers
- WGS 381/ANT 311 Women and Migration
Section II: WGS Course Options
To complete the requirements for Middle School Certification, you will need four courses in English and four courses in Social Studies from this list:
To complete the WGSS dual major, choose five of those requirements from WGS prefixed courses on the list. At least one of the five WGS courses must be at the 300 level or above. At least one of the Social Studies courses you choose must be in US History.
Be sure to meet with BOTH your Education advisor AND your WGSS advisor every semester as you plan your class schedule.