Women’s and Gender Studies Minor Requirements: 5 Courses
WGS 200 Women, Culture and Society
Four additional WGS courses. See Course listing.
Two of the four additional courses for the minor must be at the 300 level or above.
Sexuality and Queer Studies Minor Requirements: 5 Courses
Required: 1 course selected from the two existing courses below:
The one required course will provide students with sociocultural, historical, political, and theoretical foundations in LGBTQ Studies or in Sexuality Studies:
- WGS 240: Introduction to LGBTQ Studies (offered annually); or,
- WGS 241: Introduction to Sexuality Studies (offered annually)
Options: 4 courses selected from existing courses below
- WGS 240: Introduction to LGBTQ Studies (if not taken as the required course above)
- WGS 241: Introduction to Sexuality Studies (if not taken as the required course above)
- WGS 250: Politics of Sexuality
- WGS 307/MUS 355: Gender, Sexuality, and Pop Music in the 1980s
- WGS 340/HIS 397: Gay and Lesbian History
- WGS 342: LGBTQ Issues in K-12 Education
- WGS 343: Queer Studies
- WGS 344: Transgender Studies
- WGS 470: Topics in Women’s and Gender Studies (with a Sexuality and/or Queer Studies focus)
Two of the four elective courses needed for the minor need to be at the 300 level or above.